Places of Tourist Interest
- Mithbav-Tambaldeg Beach / Tambaldeg Temple - 9 kms. :The closest beach with white sand and crystal clear water is a must visit. It is a long stretch of nearly 3 kms. and is truly awesome. The temple of Gajba Devi situated on a hill overlooking the beach, is a perfect backdrop for picturesque memories. MTDC is developing a large resort at Mithbav-Tambaldeg.
- Kunkeshwar Beach / Kunkeshwar Temple - 12 kms. :The Shiva temple constructed on the sea shore around 1200 AD is also called the Kashi of South Konkan. Maratha King Shivaji Maharaj was a frequent visitor of this impressive temple. One has to visit this place to hear the sound of the waves, feel the force of the winds, see the expanse of the sea, and seek the blessings of lord Shiva. MTDC is developing a large resort at Kunkeshwar.
- Areas in and around Malvan,(Chivla, Malvan, Tarkarli, Devbaug, Bhogawe, Karli in that order from Naringre) 30 to 45 kms. away, are famous for its Beaches, Water Sports, Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Dolphin-spotting Rides, Backwater Boat Rides. It is also prominent for restaurants serving mouth watering Malvani cuisine, particularly delicious sea-food. Tarkarli beach can be reached in an hour. MTDC has a resort in Tarkarli, which is very popular.
- North Goa - 125 kms. :The world famous beaches of North Goa including Calangute, Vagator, Baga, Anjuna etc. are at a distance between 125 - 135 kms. This can be covered in a time of 2.5 to 3 hours. One can enjoy a day trip from the Villa, to savour the unique atmosphere of North Goa.
Approximate distance in Kms. of some of the other well known places of interest :
|Aachara - 16||Devgad - 20||Rameshwar - 4||Dhamapur - 45|
|Vyangani - 18||Sarjecote - 30||Bhagwati - 7|
|Devgad - 20||Vijaydurg - 55||Dabhole - 8|
|Vengurla - 85||Tiracol - 115||Malwan Jay Ganesh - 30|
|Bharadi Devi - 35|
Activities on site
- Take part in or observe farming activities like Tilling, Sowing , Tending , Planting , Harvesting, Milling etc. as part of Agro-Tourism.
- Relax while fishing in the village river (angles and equipment are available).
- Cashew and Mango processing units nearby offer delightful insights of the 'tree to table' journey.
- Nature treks in and around the village offer spectacular photographic opportunities.
- Guided tours of village, temples and nearby beaches can be arranged.
- The house is equipped with a Carrom Board, Chess Board, Badminton Rackets and Cricket Bats for sporting activities.
Shop for curios, local artefacts and handmade wood items. Buy locally grown pulses and fresh Alphonso mangoes when in season......
More information about the region can be found on :sindhudurg.nic.in, sindhudurg.govt.in, wikipedia.org/wiki/sindhudurg_district